Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Re: [4XONTARIO] Re: Forex Courses

 

Hello Scott,

Can you share who the dependable FX money managers are that you're using?

Thanks.

________________________________
From: Scott Kuehne <scottdavidkuehne@yahoo.com>
To: 4XONTARIO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, July 14, 2010 10:27:53 AM
Subject: Re: [4XONTARIO] Re: Forex Courses

Hi,

If you have been trading for years and are not making money, it's probably
better you didn't trade at all. I know most of us are stubborn and have a dogged
determination but that will only get you into trouble when it comes to Forex
trading. Meaning that you spend your time and money and get nothing but grief
out of it. Trust me I know, from personal experience and by knowing folks who
have dropped six figures in these markets with nothing to show for it. The fact
is trading FX is not for everyone, especially those with addictive
personalities.

If you are like me it's best to allow someone who has a natural ability to trade
and combines that with market knowledge and a good system. I work with and trust
others to trade my Forex these days, and let me tell you life has gotten a lot
better. I am making money without stressing and/or spending all day in front of
the screen. Of course there are a lot of folks managing money who should not be
trading at all so the key is to find the dependable traders out there and
utilize them.

--- On Mon, 7/12/10, fsalvatori97 <fsalvatori97@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: fsalvatori97 <fsalvatori97@yahoo.com>
Subject: [4XONTARIO] Re: Forex Courses
To: 4XONTARIO@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 12, 2010, 7:33 AM

Hi C. Franks,

Thanks for the info. I understand what you're saying about learning on your own
and practicing. I've been doing that for years now, and have yet to be
profitable, but maybe I'm one of those people that have to be shown the way, as
opposed to people that discover the way by themselves. Good luck to you.

I see the thread is going towards EAs, and that isn't really my question. I'd
like opinions on courses and approaches, not robots.

Thanks.

--- In 4XONTARIO@yahoogroups.com, C Franks <cfranks@...> wrote:

>

> I haven't taken any courses, but I did go through the babypips.com website,

> and then read John J Murphy's "Technical Analysis of the Financial

> Markets." I'm currently working through "Trading Chaos" by Bill Williams

> (1st edition). I'm sure there are some excellent courses, but I learn

> pretty well by reading and taking notes, and then practicing what I read on

> a demo account.

>

> Really I think that until you have a good grasp of how technical indicators

> work, and then how candlestick formations work, and then how volume works

> (which I'm learning now), then you can't use any of them in a trading

> system.

>

> For instance, I read about oscillators, and then took a bunch of practice

> trades based just on what oscillators were doing - RSI, Stochs, MACD. This

> really helps because then you can look at a market and kind of see at a

> glance what it's doing.

>

> I'm still learning, but that's what's worked for me.

>

>

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:50 PM, fsalvatori97 <fsalvatori97@...>wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > I'd like to know what courses people have taken and what the result was of

> > taking the courses, like the Derrik videos or the PGMAT course or some other

> > course. In short, which are useful (you make money) and which are useless

> > (you lose money)? Which are too complex, too subjective, too time-consuming

> > etc. Which would you recommend?

> >

> > Thanks for any info, as there are literally thousands of

> > courses/tapes/videos/books. And yes, the more knowledge the better, but you

> > must balance that against making money. After all, that is the point.

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment